Dance-specific physical therapy involves an individualized plan created from consideration of:
- Dance medicine literature
- Sports medicine literature
- An understanding of dance injuries unique to pediatrics, adolescents, and adults
- An understanding of how to integrate the individualized style and technique into the rehabilitation program
- Collaboration with the dancer, parents, coaches, and teachers on how dance participation can be modified during rehabilitation to achieve optimal outcomes
- Consideration of performance and competition schedules
Most dancers who finish their Physical Therapy plan of care discover that their technique and strength is better than before they were ever injured!