Are you finding yourself taking a piece of candy here and there all day long? This time of year there is food everywhere! As soon as you get to the office there is a new basket from a great customer, your friend bought you the best tasting chocolates and kids are bringing things home left and right.
The average American gains 8-10lbs during the holiday season and snacking on candy is a major contributor.
Here are some tips for avoiding the candy dish this holiday season:
- Buy Candy you don’t like, if you need to buy candy to bring to events or the office
- Buy your candy on later in the season to minimize the opportunity to snack (it might even be on sale)
- Bring healthy options instead or fun holiday stickers to a school event
- Avoid the candy dish at work, home or gatherings
- If you get a craving start with water or gum
- Limit yourself, 1 piece a day or only if it’s a certain type that you really like
- Bring a piece of fruit and snack on that instead of candy
Good luck this holiday season and if you have other ideas please post them below!