Do you crave a good healthy pizza? If so you are in luck with this yummy cauliflower pizza crust recipe!
- 1 small head of cauliflower, leaves and stems removed
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Manchengo sheep milk cheese (or Mozzarella)
- 2 eggs
- cornmeal, to dust the pizza stone
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop cauliflower florets into chunks. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles a fine grain, like rice or couscous. Pour cauliflower into a large bowl. Add herbs, and salt, then cheese and eggs.
- Spread a tablespoon or so of cornmeal all over a pizza stone. Place the cauliflower mixture (note- this won’t resemble a ball of dough) on the middle of the stone and use your hands to press it into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 then an additional 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Crust will be done when it turns golden brown in color.
- Remove crust from oven. Change oven temperature to 450 degrees. Add pizza sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you would like, then bake again for about 5 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.
I have also made this without the cornmeal and cheese, still turns out just fine!
My favorite toppings are pizza sauce, chicken and bbq sauce!