Sportsmetrics™ ACL Injury Prevention Program
Did You Know?
- The risk for ACL Injuries significantly increase among adolescents between 12-15 years old
- The largest amount of ACL injuries occur in females 15-20 years old
- Research showed 2/3 ACL tears are non-contact, and could therefore be prevented with proper neuromuscular training
- Female athletes are 10 times more likely to tear their ACL in a non-contact injury than their male counterparts.
What is Sportsmetrics™ ?
Sportsmetrics™ is the first and largest ACL injury prevention program SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to decrease serious knee ligament injuries in athletes. Developed by Dr. Frank Noyes and a team of athletic trainers, physical therapists and researchers, Sportsmetrics™ is not just another plyometric training program. Jumping drills are used to teach the athlete to preposition the entire body safely when jumping landing. The selection and progression of these exercises are designed for neuromuscular retraining proceeding from simple jumping drills to multi-directional, single-foot hops and plyometrics with an emphasis on quick turnover. A solid foundation of strength, coordination and overall physical conditioning is required for athletes to attain their highest potential in their sport-specific skills.
(Top: Before, Bottom: After)
Our SportsmetricsTM certified Physical Therapists and Athletic Trainers are committed to keeping athletes on the field throughout their entire season. In our ACL Injury Prevention Program, we provide video analysis of dynamic movements performed in sports competition in order to identify and correct faulty movement patterns that lead to injury.
Our SportsmetricsTM program consists of:
- 60 min sessions, 2x/week for 6 weeks
- Training by a SportsmetricsTM Certified provider with close supervision for correct mechanics with jumping and agility drills
- Pre and post-testing & video analysis of lower extremity mechanics so that you can see your measurable progress
If registered for one of our SportsMetrics™ Injury Prevention Programs, please make sure that you fill out our consent form by clicking below.
Our injury prevention sports performance services are not covered by insurance.