Preparing For Your Visit
Your Physical Therapy Appointment
What happens during a Physical Therapy Initial Evaluation?
- You will meet with one of our licensed Physical Therapists to discuss your injury and determine an appropriate diagnosis. Your Physical Therapist will discuss your injury, aspects of your medical history, and will answer any questions that you may have about your treatment. They will then establish a specific, individualized plan of care that is structured specifically for you as a patient at OSR.
How long are the appointments?
- Visits are typically 60-90 min duration with a typical frequency of 2 visits/week. However, frequency and time is adjusted for your individual situation.
What would you say is the most appropriate clothing to wear for a treatment session?
- What ever you would deem comfortable during a workout or while exerting physical activity. We want our patients to be as comfortable as possible while being treated. Items of clothing such as t-shirts, sweatpants, tennis shoes, basketball shorts, etc. are recommended.
What happens when my last visit for my plan of care comes around?
- Once you complete your initial plan of care (typically 1-3 months), your therapist will re-evaluate your status to recommend further care, independent self-care, or continuation into a transitional Aftercare program so that you can fully achieve your goals.
For your first visit, please arrive 10 min early and bring:
- your completed paperwork
- insurance card
- drivers license or other identification
- physician’s referral (if provided)
Please call us at least 24 hours in advance if you will be unable to keep a scheduled appointment.