Pelvic floor physical therapy is a specialized form of physical therapy that focuses on the muscles, ligaments, and connective tissues that support the pelvic organs. At OSR Physical Therapy, our experienced therapists use pelvic floor physical therapy to help patients overcome a wide range of conditions related to pelvic health.
The benefits of maintaining good pelvic floor health are numerous. The pelvic floor muscles play an important role in supporting the pelvic organs, including the bladder, uterus, and rectum. Strong pelvic floor muscles can help prevent urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and other conditions that can impact a person’s quality of life. Additionally, maintaining good pelvic floor health can help improve sexual function and reduce the risk of chronic pain in the pelvic region.
1. Urinary incontinence: Can help you regain control over their bladder and reduce episodes of urinary incontinence.
2. Pelvic organ prolapse: Can help strengthen the muscles that support the pelvic organs, reducing the risk of pelvic organ prolapse.
3. Chronic pelvic pain: Can help reduce pain and discomfort in the pelvic region caused by conditions such as endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, and vulvodynia.
4. Sexual dysfunction: Can help improve sexual function by reducing pain and discomfort during intercourse and improving muscle strength and coordination.
5. Pregnancy and postpartum care: Can help prepare the body for childbirth, reduce pain and discomfort during pregnancy, and aid in recovery after childbirth.
At OSR Physical Therapy, our therapists are trained in pelvic floor physical therapy and use a variety of techniques to help patients achieve their treatment goals. We believe in providing individualized care that is tailored to the unique needs of each patient, using evidence-based practices to promote optimal health and wellness.
If you are experiencing symptoms related to pelvic health or are interested in learning more about pelvic floor physical therapy, contact us today to schedule an appointment. Our experienced therapists are here to help you achieve your health and wellness goals.Contact Us
Call 952-512-2470 or email Ashley Fedie for more information or to schedule an evaluation