Since it is Football Sunday we wanted to share with you some healthy meals, snacks and treats! Enjoy!
- Chili Bar – make a large crock pot of chili and then have toppings to add to the Chili. Some great toppings include: plain greek yogurt, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and rice
- Taco Bar – This is so simple, just brown some ground beef or ground turkey in some seasonings and add some fixings! Great toppings include: Corn tortilla, rice, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, hot sauce, plain greek yogurt, avocado, lime, pico, peppers, jalapeños and corn
- Chicken Wings – Just bake or Grill some un-breaded chicken wings and drumies. You can then make a great ranch dip by adding ranch seasoning to plain greek yogurt.
- Homemade kale chips – they are so easy, just put some kale on a baking sheet, add coconut oil and sea salt, bake until crispy and enjoy
- Homemade sweet potato fries – similar to the kale chips, just cut up to your liking and add seasonings, coconut oil and sea salt. Cook until crispy and enjoy
- Homemade buffalo chips – cut either regular or sweet potatoes, season and cook. Then make a dip of greek yogurt and seasoning salt to dip them in.
- Potato skins – cut either regular or sweet potatoes in half, bake them with bacon and add chives
- Broccoli Salad – the dressing is vinegar, truvia, and olive oil mayo. Then mix the dressing up and pour over broccoli, bacon and sunflower seeds.
- Potato salad – cut and boil potatoes, after they cool mix with plain greek yogurt, onions, celery, dill, mustard and sea salt
- Black Bean Brownies – make the brownies like normal but instead of the oil and eggs use pureed black beans, I will also season with cinnamon
- Banana Ice Cream – mush up frozen bananas and peanut butter, you can even add a couple of chocolate chips for taste
- Baked Pears – cut pairs in half and bake with cinnamon
Hope you can enjoy some of these healthy game day foods!
Here is a great game day salad, with a pork chop, baked beans and healthy potato salad