For the past few weeks, I’ve been on a quest to find a delicious and HEALTHY protein pancake. Here’s the recipe that I’ve enjoyed. Feel free to give it a try, or share your own by leaving a reply!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 c cottage cheese (2% fat)
- 1/4 c gluten free oats
- 1 tsp butter or cooking oil
1. Place the butter in the skillet and heat on medium until butter melts.
2. Place the egg whites, cottage cheese, and oats in a magic bullet type blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into frying pan and cook 2 min/side or until slightly brown.
4. Top with your favorite fruit or other topping.
Nutrition content: This recipe makes 1 serving.
- 16 g carbohydrate
- 20 g protein
- 6 g fat
Interested in a different macronutrient ratio?
- Want more protein? Add more egg whites or whey protein to the batter
- Want more carbohydrate? Top with fruit or add a little more oats to the batter
- Want more fat? Top your protein pancake with your favorite healthy oil or nut butter